JSC “Zavod Elecon” is a head Russian enterprise on development and manufacture of electrical connectors.
Over a number of years the association (obyedinenie) consisting of JSC ‘Zavod Elecon’, located in the city of Kazan, JSC ‘Electrosoedinitely’, located in the town of Urussy and JSC ‘Kopir’, located in the town of Kozmodemyansk, designs and manufactures more than 70 types of connectors including more than 30 000 part types with a number of contacts ranging from 1 to 128.
See the history of the company
Mr. Vladimir Petrovich Golovanov the man with a huge energy was appointed as its first director. Industrial area of the plant at the period of the Plant setting up constituted 1556 square meters altogether with 28 units of technical equipment. 170 persons started working at the new plant.
At the same time in the context of the prospecting development realized by People’s Commissariat Head Department it is approved a project for construction of a new building, 5 000 sq. m. in area.
In the years of the Great Patriotic War the Plant outputs production for the front: heat radiators for tanks and automobiles, containers for ammunition, rings for hand- grenades, radiant burners for heating up engines of tanks and aircrafts and the other kinds of products- totally about 20 items
Serial production Launching of of plug- and- socket connectors. Number of workers have been growing, new special machines being introduced, the volume of fabricated products increases
The factory received an assignment to fabricate SHRA-250 and SHRA-400 connectors .Fabricated products were notble for its long service life. The factory achieved an increase of service life index of the connectors from 4 to 12 years.
In 1958 the factory staff was charge to output trajectory and telemetering measurement systems ‘Rubin’ and ‘Almaz’ for P-7 missiles designed by S.P.Korolev(of ‘Soyuz’ spaceship)
The hardware created at the factory successfully worked on the newest spacecrafts including the one called ‘Vostok-1’which Yury Gagarin used when flew into space
The factory was awarded with commemorative medal of Academy of Science of USSR
In NPO ‘Elecon’within the years of 10-12 five year industrial plans there was conducted not only a great job on expanding production line for main products(there was developed a great number of new types of connectors for its time,employed in defense and civil industries
There were implemented various social and cultural programmes. In 1989 the factory celebrated its jubilee- 50 year anniversary.
The factory staff started realization of a new project on reorganization of the production line. A technical revamping as well as change in product mix in compliance with market demands was required
The factory launched the project of introduction of integrated CAD system for increasing rate and quality of new product development.
Elecon’s history dates back to the year 1939 when by Order of USSR People's Commissar for Aviation Industry No 64 issued on March,25,1939 there was founded a plant for heat-exchanging devices based on air heater production line. This data is considered to be the date of the plant birthday.
As late as by the end of the year 1940 production volume increased 2.5 times. A big role in the achievement of such remarkable successes played a Stakhanovite movement spreaded over the Plant. Team of the plant worked in hard businesslike rhythm. The team had extensive plans and hopes not materialized because of the Great Patriotic War. The men ahead with the director were off at the front, they were substituted by women and youngsters.
Pre-war level of industrial production was exceed,the factory returned to a peaceful life(after war ending) and started production of plug-and-socket connectors for electronic radioequipment.
The millionth connector produced. Started mastering radioequipment production .
Since 1957 large circulation newspaper ‘Rabochee slovo’started to be issued that up to now covers the most important aspects of the factory’s life.
‘Fifth five year industrial plan’(a period since 1959 to 1965) became a special year for the factory. The Company required to furnish with the connectors all vital industries, particularly, aircraft manufacturing
Foundation of Scientific-Production Association (NPO) ‘Elecon’
At the enterprise there is created a consumer goods division: the factory fabricates illumination lamps, haberdashery and souvenir gifts, scale models of cars within the hard years of the perestroika epoch
On the year of its 60th anniversary the factory acquired form of legal entity’s incorporation and the name that it possesses nowadays- JSC ‘Zavod Elecon’(‘Zavod Elecon’,АО)